- Lot of talks about convergence and Wifi. When you hear about Wifi & mobile, make sure you know the difference between UMA and SIP. UMA is designed to retain the customers WITHIN the (fix or mobile) operator's network& services.
In other words, with a UMA WiFi phone, you will only access to your operator hotspots. But don't imagine you can connect to Skype.
At the other hand, SIP is more like the open-source version of wi-fi. With SIP, you can acess any hotspot and internet service.
- MS's mobile ambitions are on display at the 3GSM, thanks to HTC (supported by MS). Steve, what're you doing ? We're all waiting for the iMacNano !
- Wikis : ChristopheDucamp showed me his personal wiki on communitywiki. Communitywiki is an amazing lab on wiki usage. In particular, it links wikis and communities throught CamelCase wikiwords. And i must admit it is more exciting to share personal content in a wiki connected to other wikis than in n-personnal weblogs. And i love this BlogControlledByWiki concept.
Problem: CSS and skins of these wikis are not as nice as traditional weblogs, for the time beeing. Designers of all country, do shape the wikis into something beautiful ! =
- Blog : 2 options for me : move to DotClear 2.0 OR design a nice BlogControlledByWiki, powered by OddMuse.
- 2 month ago, i described (fr) my difficulties to sell a siemens SK65 on Ebay. The day after, a French reader of my blog based in NewYork and looking for a Blackberry enabled phone dropped me a mail and we made the deal almost immediately. He didn't hersitate to trust me and send me the money on my bank account because of my blog (he said). Since that experience, i've dreamed of a service that would enable bloggers to put adds on their blog to promote items they want to sell. Apparently Edgeio will do it. (via Benoit (fr))
"The way Edgeio works is that bloggers would post items they want to sell right on their blogs, tagging them with the word "listing" (and eventually other descriptive tags). Then, Edgeio will pluck them as it constantly crawls millions of blogs looking for the "listing" tag and index them on Edgeio.com." described BusinessWeek.
Some screenshots on flickr here and here.
The future website seems neat.
- Photo/Videos : Should
- Mobile : I'm using the Siemens S500 with Imode (thanks to the 6Mo Bouygues's employees plan-no comment). I love the design of this object. I use it as a little Blackberry-like mail-push handstet+ surf on the brilliant MobiType reader of blogs, NO MORE. I already miss my P900. Visit the P990i-blog